Priority arrangement for international students
If you come from abroad it is often difficult to find a room. That is why DUWO has a special priority arrangement for students from abroad. The rooms are offered on ROOM.nl. Before you register, first have a look at ROOM, how does it work? and read the ROOM Regulations below.
To which buildings does this priority arrangement apply?
The priority arrangement applies to a number of specific DUWO buildings. In the table you can see which buildings these are. You can search for advertisements from these addresses on ROOM.nl.
Information about the rooms
- The rooms are unfurnished. You have to buy all the furniture yourself, including fridge and hob. It is also possible that there is no carpet or laminate present in the room. You have to arrange that yourself.
- You can sometimes make an agreement with the previous tenant about taking over the floor, curtains, lamps or furniture.
- The previous tenant leaves the room broom clean. But keep in mind that you also have to clean the room yourself.
- DUWO does not inspect the room beforehand. If the room is not in good order upon arrival, please contact DUWO as soon as possible.
- This priority arrangement only applies to contracts that start in the months: June, July, August and September. This means that you can respond to priority rooms from May 1.
- You must be able to prove that you have recently come from abroad. This can be done, for example, by sending a copy of a recent diploma or bankstatement.
- Once you have found a room, you will receive a campus contract. This means that you can rent the room as long as you study in the Netherlands. After completing your studies, you can continue to rent for 6 months.
DUWO University Housing
Are you more interested in a furnished room? Then look at the possibilities of DUWO University Housing.