Are you looking for short-stay housing (between 15 days and 12 months)? We regularly have temporary rooms on offer. So please have a look at our Direct Offer in Amsterdam, Leiden or The Hague. If you are looking for housing for a minimum of 7 days and a maximum of 6 months, have a look at Direct Offer in Wageningen.
Direct Offer is available to Dutch and international full-time students, trainees or PhD students in the region. Students looking for an Accommodate room who are unable to reserve a room through their educational institution may also respond to the Direct Offer.
What should I know about Direct Offer?
- You can view the Direct Offer listings. You don’t need to be registered or logged in to be able to see the available accommodation. Would you like to reserve a room? Please register.
- Tenancy agreements must enter into effect on the 1st or 16th day of the month and end on the 15th or last day of the month. In Amsterdam region, Delft and The Hague, the end date of your tenancy agreement can never be later than July 31. In Leiden region, the end date of your tenancy agreement is no later than August 15. In Wageningen, the tenancy agreement can start or end on any day of the month. In some cases, there is housing available for an alternative period- for this, see the offers section. After you have signed the tenancy agreement, you can no longer change the period of tenancy.
- You can end your contract on the 1st or 15th day each month, no later than one month before the end of the agreed upon rental period.
- The rent amount of Direct Offer is a fixed all-in amount per month. There is no settlement of service costs. The houses are fully furnished.
- If you wish to cancel your reservation, you will be charged €100. It is no longer possible to cancel if you have already signed your tenancy agreement or if your tenancy agreement has already started.
- Once you have reserved a room, you may not change this reservation.
- If your tenancy agreement for a Direct Offer house is expiring, you can extend the agreement on the condition that the total rental period does not exceed 1 year and the house is available.
In case of an extension, you will be charged €50 for extension costs.
What do I need to do to find a room?
Step 1: Register with Direct Offer
Step 2: To reserve a room: Log into DUWO.nl and go to I search > Other offers > Direct Offer > Available Direct Offer rooms. If you do not reserve a room, your enrollment will expire after 6 months.
Step 3: Upload the requested documents on My Messages
Step 4: Once your documents have been approved, you will receive an invitation to sign your tenancy agreement online
Step 5: Pay the first invoice via My Messages. This invoice includes the rent for the first month (or the first month-and-a-half), the reservation/handling fee and the rent for the final 2 months
Step 6: Sign your tenancy agreement online
Where can I collect the keys?
You can collect the keys at the DUWO office. Please bring valid proof of identity (passport or ID card) with you.
On the agreed date (the start date of your contract) your room is available from 1 pm onward.
Does the start date of your tenancy agreement happen to be on the weekend or a public holiday? Then you can collect your key on the next workday after 1 pm.
Please note: rent increase
Rents are increased each year on 1 July. In case the new contract starts on or after 1 July, then you will pay the new rent. Please note when you reserve a room before 1 May: the new rental rates are only shown on the website after 1 May. Hence, if you make a reservation before 1 May effective on 1 July or later, the new rent from 1 July will then apply.