Leiden University College
Leiden University College (LUC) has reserved rooms for its first and second year students.
LUC has reserved rooms at Anna van Buerenplein, next to the central station of The Hague. All the rooms are fully furnished. All rooms have their own kitchen, shower and toilet.
A bed linen set will be waiting for you upon arrival. On the general inventory list you can see what is included in your room.
LUC’s maximum period of rental is 2 years. The rental periods have fixed start and end dates. You cannot change these dates.
What do I need to do to get a room?
Follow the steps below. Please read the rental conditions for Accommodate first.
- Register at Leiden University College
- After LUC has granted you to study, they will allocate a room to you
- You will receive an email to activate a DUWO account. Activate your account.
- Upload your documents for DUWO.nl within 3 working days. As soon as your documents have been approved, you will receive an email to sign and pay
- Pay the first rent on your DUWO account
- Follow the instructions to sign the rental agreement online on DUWO.nl
Before signing the tenancy agreement, you must have made a first rent payment. This payment consists of the rent for the first month (or the first month-and-a-half), the reservation/handling fee and the rent for the final 2 months.
DUWO must receive this first payment no later than 2 weeks after your documents have been checked.
Information about your first rent payment will be included in the e-mail in which we send you the final confirmation of your reservation.
Arrival in the Netherlands
LUC organises a ‘Moving In Day’ for all first year students. This normally takes place before the introduction week. You’re given a time when you should go to LUC to pick up the keys.
If you arrive after the Moving In Day, you can pick up the keys from the DUWO office in The Hague during opening hours.
If you arrive earlier or outside of business hours, you will need to find yourself a temporary place to stay.
Moving to another room is not possible. This is only permitted in exceptional cases after receiving specific permission from LUC. Please contact LUC to discuss this.