Erasmus University Rotterdam-ISS
Erasmus University Rotterdam-ISS has reserved a limited number of rooms and apartments for its students.
Erasmus University Rotterdam has reserved rooms at Bazarlaan/Dorus Rijkersplein and Prins Hendrikstraat. All the rooms are fully furnished. You have your own shower and toilet, and share a kitchen with 4 or 8 students of Erasmus University Rotterdam-ISS. A bed linen set and a basic kitchen inventory package will be waiting for you upon arrival. On the inventory list you can see what furniture is available in your room.
How to find a room?
Follow the steps below, but please read the 'Additional conditions' as well.
- To sign up, you can apply for housing through your educational institution’s website
- Once the educational institution has sent its agreement, you will receive an email to activate your DUWO account. Activate your account.
- Log in and reserve a room. If you get a room allocated to you, you can skip this step
- Upload the requested documents. Once your documents have been approved by DUWO, you will receive an email to sign your contract online.
- Before you can sign the contract, you will need to a href="t3://record?identifier=tx_zigkennisbank&uid=46357" data-knowledgebase-rte-link="true">pay the first bill. This payment is part of the digital signing of your contract.
Please note, you must make the first payment before signing the tenancy agreement. This payment consists of the rent for the first month (or the first month-and-a-half) and the administration costs. You pay this first invoice online. You can also choose to pay the amount for the full rental period at once. Your payment must reach DUWO within 2 weeks after your preliminary reservation. Please consider the time the bank needs to process your payment.
In case we do not receive your payment in time, your reservation will be cancelled.
Once you have digitally signed your contract, you will get an email with your tenancy agreement as a .pdf file. DUWO only hands over the keys after the contract has been signed. So please make sure your contract is signed before the starting date.
Arrival in the Netherlands
You can collect the keys at the DUWO office. Please bring valid proof of identity (passport or ID card) with you.
On the agreed date (the start date of your contract) your room is available from 1 pm onward. If you arrive earlier or outside office hours, you should arrange for a place to sleep yourself.
Does the start date of your tenancy agreement happen to be on the weekend or a public holiday? Then you can collect your key on the next workday after 1 pm.
Early termination of contract
As an exchange, bachelor or master student, you cannot terminate your contract early.
In exceptional cases, a contract may be cancelled after the starting date, but only with approval of the educational institution.
Exceptional cases are: termination of study or work due to
- Death, unexpected serious illness or serious accident of the tenant or a first or second degree relative, or
- Unexpectedly not being granted a grant or visa or revocation of the residence permit (if required) by the Dutch government, which cause the study or work to be ended and enforces you to leave the Netherlands.