International Institute for Social History
International Institute of Social History (IISH) reserved apartments for international guests.
IISG has reserved rooms at Science Park at the Carolina MacGillavrylaan. The rooms are fully furnished and have their own kitchen, shower and toilet. A bed linen set and a kitchen set will be waiting for you when you arrive. On the inventory list you can see what furniture is available in your room.
What do I need to do to get a room?
- Register for housing with your educational institution
- As soon as the educational institution has given its approval, you will receive an email with which you can activate your DUWO account. Activate your account.
- Upload the requested documents in on your personal DUWO account
- Once your documents have been approved, you will receive an email to sign your contract online
- Click the link to sign your tenancy agreement and check if there's an initial payment open. If so, pay it on your DUWO account
- Follow the instructions on your DUWO account to sign your tenancy agreement online
Once you have digitally signed your contract, you will get an email with your tenancy agreement as a .pdf file. DUWO only hands over the keys after the contract has been signed. So please make sure your contract is signed before the starting date.
Arrival in the Netherlands
You can collect the keys at the DUWO office. Please bring valid proof of identity (passport or ID card) with you.
On the agreed date (the start date of your contract) your room is available from 1 pm onward. If you arrive earlier or outside office hours, you should arrange for a place to sleep yourself.
Does the start date of your tenancy agreement happen to be on the weekend or a public holiday? Then you can collect your key on the next workday after 1 pm.