Hogeschool van Amsterdam, University of Applied Sciences
The University of Applied Sciences Amsterdam (HvA) reserved rooms and apartments reserved for international students and guests.
HvA has reserved rooms at different locations: Eerste Ringdijkstraat, Pierre Lallementstraat, Voorburgstraat, Jacques Veltmanstraat and Carolina MacGillavrylaan. All rooms are fully furnished. Some rooms are self-contained with your own kitchen, bathroom and toilet. Sometimes you share the kitchen, shower and toilet with other students.
A bed linen set and a kitchen set will be waiting for you when you arrive. On the inventory list you can see what furniture is available in your room.
What do I need to do to get a room?
Follow the steps below, but please read the 'Additional conditions' as well.
- To sign up, you can apply for housing through your educational institution’s website
- Once the educational institution has sent its agreement, you will receive an email to activate your DUWO account. Activate your account.
- Log in and reserve a room. If you get a room allocated to you, you can skip this step
- Upload the requested documents. Once your documents have been approved by DUWO, you will receive an email to sign your contract online.
- Before you can sign the contract, you will need to pay the first bill. This payment is part of the digital signing of your contract.
First rent payment
Before you can sign the tenancy agreement, you need to make a payment first. This payment consists of the rent for the first month (or the first month-and-a-half), the reservation/handling fee and the rent for the final 2 months. You can pay this first bill online on the DUWO website. DUWO needs to have received this first payment no later than 2 weeks after your documents have been approved.
Once you have digitally signed your contract, you will get an email with your tenancy agreement as a .pdf file. DUWO only hands over the keys after the contract has been signed. So please make sure your contract is signed before the starting date.
Arrival in the Netherlands
The educational institution organizes arrival/registration days at the start of every semester and provides you with information. You will receive an invitation with a place and time to pick up your keys on one of these days. Your educational institution will inform you in more detail about this.
If you arrive after the arrival/registration days, you can pick up the keys at the DUWO office. Please bring a valid proof of identity (passport or ID card) with you.
On the start date of your tenancy agreement your room will be available from 1 pm onward. If you arrive earlier or outside office hours, you should arrange for a place to sleep yourself.
Does the start date of your tenancy agreement happen to be on the weekend or a public holiday? Then you can collect your key on the next workday after 1 pm.