Caretakers in the building
All our buildings are monitored by caretakers. The caretaker is the primary contact person for all residents. Please do not hesitate to approach them if you have a question or a complaint.
- welcome new residents with introductory meetings;
- check all common areas in and outside the building;
- pay close attention to fire safety, hygiene and any maintenance defects;
- ensure that residents comply with the Rental Terms and Conditions a well as the residents' regulations;
- mediate in case of disputes between neighbours or nuisance.
Are you experiencing a fundamental problem, or has there been an argument with the neighbours? Are you concerned about a housemate or one of your neighbours? Do you need help yourself regarding the living conditions?
If so, please contact the DUWO social manager.
Would you like to make an appointment with one of the caretakers or the social manager? Then please complete the contact form, choose Appointment with the caretaker/social manager as subject.
In all student houses in Leiden, but also in some buildings in Delft, The Hague, Wageningen and the Amsterdam region, one of your housemates is your point of contact: the student caretaker. The student caretaker is the point of contact for residents and for DUWO. Student caretakers conduct a welcome interview with each new resident (in the case of non-independent housing, the independent student residences receive a welcome interview with the caretaker of the building) and provide information about the building, fire safety and the house rules.
A detailed description of the duties of a student caretaker can be found here (only available in Dutch).