Subletting and residence stewardship Accommodate

 Accommodate tenants are not allowed to sublet their room. Under certain conditions, some groups at the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), the VU University Amsterdam, the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and the University of Applied Sciences of Amsterdam (HvA) and students at the Amsterdam University College (AUC) are allowed to sublet their room. See below for the procedures as they apply to each educational institution.

Subletting conditions UvA, HvA, VU and TU

Who is allowed to sublet?

·         TU Delft: exchange students for two semesters; master students

·         VU: exchange students, bachelor students, master students

·         UvA and HvA: bachelor students, master students.

When to sublet?

·         TU Delft: for internships or research abroad or in another city

·         UvA and VU: for internships or research abroad


·         You find a subtenant yourself.

·         If the room has a shared shower and toilet, the subtenant must be of the same gender as you.

·         The subtenant is a student or PhD student in the area of the house. It may be either an international or a Dutch student. Someone doing an internship in the area is also permitted, provided they are enrolled as a student elsewhere.

·         You shall at all times remain responsible for paying the rent and the condition of the room.

·         The subletting period can start from the third month of your first contract.

·         TU Delft: You may sublet your student room for a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months per contract.  

·         UvA and VU University: You may sublet your room for a minimum of 2 and maximum of 6 months.

·         Subletting is only possible once a year.

What is the procedure?
You can apply for subletting by sending a contact form (topic: Uploading documents). In the notes you ask for permission to sublet and you enter the subletting period. You also upload the following documents:

·         TU Delft: internship agreement signed by the coordinator or thesis supervisor of the faculty;

·         UvA and VU University: internship agreement signed by the coordinator or thesis supervisor of the faculty or other proof of a study component abroad;

·         copy of identification of yourself;

·         copy of identification of the subtenant;

·         copy of student card / certificate of registration of the subtenant (TU Delft: proof of internship in the region of the subtenant);

·         contact information of subtenant.

DUWO will check all documents. You will receive an answer via your contact form on whether the subletting has been approved or not.


Waarmee kunnen wij je helpen?

Begin hier met zoeken!

Geen resultaten gevonden