No objects found

More about rent allowance

You can apply for rent allowance from the tax authorities. The tax authorities determine whether you are entitled to housing benefit or not. DUWO is separate from this.
You can also make a test calculation on their website. This test calculation gives an indication of the amount of the surcharge, but you cannot derive any rights from it. Not all service costs can be included in your calculation.

In addition to the basic rent (kale huur), you may state the following service costs when applying for rent allowance:

  • Vuilkosten en schoonhouden  (Dirt costs and cleaning) 
  • Gemeenschappelijk energieverbruik  (Common energy consumption)
  • Huismeester en sociaal beheer  (Caretaker and social management)

    These service costs are mentioned slightly differently at the tax authorities, but come down to the same:
  • Schoonmaakkosten voor gemeenschappelijke ruimten  (Cleaning costs for common areas)               
  • Energiekosten voor gemeenschappelijke ruimten  (Energy costs for common areas)
  • Kosten voor de diensten van een huismeester, flatwacht of buurtconciërge (Costs for the services of a caretaker, condo or neighborhood concierge)

    The sum of the basic rent + the number of components of the service costs mentioned above, is also referred to as the calculated rent (rekenhuuror the subsidized rent (subsidiabele huur). This is the amount that the tax authorities will calculate the housing benefit on.

Log in via the button below to see how your rental price is built up