I’m moving out of my student room

On this page you will find all the steps required for arranging your move. Steps 1 to 4 must be completed immediately after giving notice of termination of your tenancy. This way, you’ll be well prepared when you start moving out! You can terminate your rental agreement via your DUWO account.

  • 1

    Submitting the end date

    You can terminate your rent on any day of the month, and you have one month's notice. For example: if you cancel on 14 April, then 14 May is the earliest possible end date of your contract. You can terminate the rent up to 6 months in advance.

    If you wish to revoke your notice of termination or change the date of termination, we will have to charge administration costs.

  • 2

    End of tenancy house cleaning

  • 3

    Inspection by the caretaker

  • 4

    Providing information for the advertisement

    Do you have roommates who are arranging your replacement? In such case you can ignore this step.

    During the tenancy termination process, you will have the opportunity to provide information for the advertisement of your room. The advertisement will be posted on ROOM.nl. You can:

    • Upload photos for the advertisement
    • Submit a viewing moment
    • Let us know what items you are willing to sell to the next tenant.

    You can also tell us which keys you have. If keys are missing, make sure to replace them before the key handover. You have to handover a complete set of keys to the new tenant.

  • 5

    Handing over the keys

  • 6

    Check your details

    Make sure your pay-out account details are correct. The service costs for the previous year are settled every year around July. You may possibly be entitled to a refund. We use these bank details to refund any overpaid service charges.

  • 7

    Deregister with the municipality

    Are you moving within the same municipality? 
    Don't forget to deregister from your old address and submit your new address to the municipality or the district office. If not, you can be fined by the municipality. The new resident may face problems when registering with the municipality, and when applying for allowances.

    Are you moving to a different municipality?
    Register directly with your new municipality, upon presentation of your new tenancy agreement. They will arrange for your removal from the register of the municipality in which you previously lived.



Waarmee kunnen wij je helpen?

Begin hier met zoeken!

Geen resultaten gevonden