No objects found

Back to listview
  • Omegaplantsoen, Leidse Schans (Campus Yours)

Omegaplantsoen, Leidse Schans (Campus Yours)


Number of dwellings : 197

About this project

At Omegaplantsoen 577 through 969 in Leiden, 197 new student homes have been completed IN 2021. This again concerns housing on Student Campus Yours on the Leidse Schans, where DUWO already has many other homes. Is a modern, sustainable home at this campus something for you? You will find more information about it below.

The units

The student housing from DUWO at the Omegaplantsoen can be found in a complex with a total of sixteen storeys. The 197 student homes are on the first eight floors. The rest, on the ninth through sixteenth floors, comprise starters’ flats that are not let by DUWO.   

Most of the student homes in the complex are self-contained studios of 23.7 m2. So you have a private front door, kitchen and sanitary facilities. There are also several two-bedroom flats up to 49.9 m2. The residences are neither furnished or semi-furnished. Upon completion, the walls are ready to be painted and the floor is bare. So you can furnish everything according to your own taste and really make it your own.

A shared laundry room can be found on the ground floor of the adjacent building (also from DUWO). The homes have heat pump boilers that are shared with the adjacent home.

The surroundings

Since 2015, Campus Yours in Leiden has been the place to be in Leiden for students and transfer students who enjoy living on a lively campus.At the Omegaplantsoen, you live car-free along the Rhine-Schie Canal amidst a lot of greenery. Two cycling paths run through the campus, one in the direction of the historical centre of Leiden (six minutes’ cycling), and the other in the direction of the recreational areas near the canal (Cronesteyn polder park). There are also shops and hotel and catering establishments nearby. The Lammenschans NS station is several minutes away by foot. From there, a direct connection with Leiden Central Station and Utrecht Central Station is available.

The campus buildings have been designed by the architectural firm Mecanoo as a modern interpretation of the Leiden canals in the city centre. They vary from six to sixteen storeys and have façades with various colours, materials, heights and widths. With the realisation of this last complex, the campus is now completely finished.


The studios are sustainable in all respects.They have no gas connection and are warmed by electric radiators. The generation of hot water is done using a combination of a heat pump boiler, a heat recovery ventilation system and solar panels. The solar panels also provide a percentage of the electricity for the heat pumps. The heat pump boilers are shared with the neighbouring unit in nearly all of the studios .

Design, construction and operation

Design: Mecanoo.

Development and construction: VORM Development and Ballast Nedam Development Company

The new construction is the property of Syntrus Achmea. DUWO is acting as lessor and property manager here.

Contract and rental prices

The homes are available for full-time students and are let with a campus contract. The gross rental price of the studios starts at €509 per month. The two-bedroom apartments have a gross maximum rent of €696 per month. The rental includes service costs, but not electricity, internet or TV. It is possible to request housing benefits for all units. For 80% of the homes, this is available from 18 years of age, while housing benefits can be requested from 23 years of age for the remaining 20%.

The homes will soon be offered via collective advertisements on You will be selected according to your registration period with ROOM.



  • City LEIDEN


  • Dwelling Type Studentenwoningen
  • Number of dwellings 197